Senior Quality Engineer
Zenefits engineers are responsible for designing new products and platform integrations that drive our business. This includes integrations with payroll providers, health insurance providers, and other third party systems.
You will work with developers and product designers to identify requirements for the product features being developed and will be focused on developing automated test suites for Zenefits' technology platform. You will design, develop, and maintain automation test suites and tools that aid in testing. Analyze functional specifications in order to write clear and concise test plans. You will also generate test data to carry out functional, integration, and regression testing. Analyze testing results and document, track, and verify defects. This is a change to be an inaugural member of our Quality Engineering team in Vancouver, Canada.
Nice to have
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 6+ years of experience as a software developer or quality engineer in a fast paced agile organization.
- Must be able to test website and other interactive deliverable, through manual and automated testing.
- Hands-on knowledge of front-end web testing and automation
- Strong understanding of data structures, software design patterns and algorithms.
- Experience and understanding of relational databases and proven ability to use SQL.
- Experience working with one or more automation frameworks such as TestNG, Proboscis, Nunit.
- Understanding of web services and experience using and testing REST APIs.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
A little more about you:
- Python and Django experience.
- Hands-on development experience with Python using Object Oriented methodologies.
- Knowledge of scripting languages shell, PERL, python, etc.
- iOS or Android testing experience.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (in addition to RDBMS data stores).
- Experience with continuous deployment (multiple releases a day) frameworks and methodology.