Tempe, AZ or San Francisco, CA or Vancouver, BC
Analytics Engineer (Tempe, AZ or San Francisco, CA or Vancouver, BC)
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more). The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time. Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
About Strategic Analytics:
We’re a small analytics team at a large company, which means that you have a ton of opportunity to learn and grow along with the team! There are three of us right now but we have plans to scale the team and analytics at Zenefits significantly over the next 18 months - so join us on the learning curve.
We utilize modern tools and embrace the vision of the full-stack data analyst. We’ve built a stack with Redshift, Mode, and dbt to empower data analysts to go all the way from raw data to modeling to analysis without waiting for external dependencies. Own the entire problem! We also have the ability to provide you with the tools and training you need to continue to grow in your analytics career.
The analytics engineer at Zenefits plays a critical role in maintaining and improving our data pipelines, databases and data visualization tools. Candidates should be flexible and fast moving in adapting to change and staying up to date with the ever shifting world of data engineering. Constant focus on gaps and issues in our data stack, our product and our overall analytics efficiency as an organization is must.
Exceptional candidates will have:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Maintaining and performance tuning our Redshift cluster and investigate and refactor any expensive queries
- Integrating third party data sources as we add marketing channels, data partners and other vendors
- Working closely with Product and Engineering to ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model; and when it doesn’t build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Managing user roles and permissions for Redshift and BI tools
- When needed, performing stakeholder related work, such as dashboards or analysis
- Integrating and productionizing analyst and data science models as needed
- Build data expertise, best practices and own data quality for all analytical data needs
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership
A little more about you:
- 2+ years working with a data warehouse/BI-tool (Redshift or Snowflake experience is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with self-service BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker or Mode)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL with exposure to dbt a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Advanced knowledge of REST APIs
- Advanced knowledge of Git and CI/CD best practices
- Exposure to Airflow and/or DAGs in general
- A Masters degree (or higher) in a technical or quantitative field (C.S., Math, Physics, Engineering…)
- AWS or GCP development and operations experience (EMR, Dataflow, Redshift/BigQuery, S3/GCS, data pipelines, etc.)
- Experience with an Analytics team
- Experience with autoML platforms (H2O, DataRobot, Google autoML, etc.)
- A solid math and statistics background