Senior Software Engineer
Zenefits engineers are responsible for designing new products and platform integrations that drive our business. This includes integrations with payroll providers, health insurance providers, and other third party systems.
As our Senior Full Stack Engineer you'll get your hands dirty while building elements of our HR platform offerings as well as automating our complex business workflows. We promise you'll never get bored.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scope, design and own project delivery
- Identify and manage appropriate level of communication with key stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure testing coverage, sufficient documentation, timely delivery and proper maintenance of final product
- Perform support and maintenance activities of existing systems including but not limited to bug fixes, library upgrades, back-end tools to support the Product Operations team
A little more about you:
- 2-4 years experience in Python or other major object oriented languages, e.g. Java, C++
- 1-2 years experience in front-end web development; React and GraphQL experience are a plus.
- Basic familiarity with design patterns, object oriented and functional programming concepts
- Experience working on architectures involving one or more of the following concepts and their implementation: XML/JSON message processing, REST API, GraphQL, Object Relational Mapping, asynchronous web services and distributed message queues
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, continuous integration etc..)
- Strong analytical skills and algorithms knowledge
- Experience writing tests for written code (unit tests, regression tests, integration tests etc.)
- Experience with version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Quick learner and keen to learn new tools, languages and technologies
- Strong understanding of basic CS fundamentals