Senior Android Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more).
The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
On our mobile team, you will help lay the foundation on which our Android application is built going forward. We are creating an amazing mobile experience where our users can quickly and easily complete their day-to-day benefits and HR related tasks like requesting time off, clocking in and out, viewing pay stubs, and accessing health insurance information. Our mobile applications will soon become the way most of our users interact with Zenefits.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own what you are building and see it through from end to end
- Help lay the groundwork to enable us to efficiently build out our Android applications
- Lead and mentor other engineers on the team to establish best practices and processes
- Collaborate with the team to learn and establish best practices and processes
- Define APIs used between backend services and mobile applications
- Collaborate with product, design, and other engineers on the team to establish the product roadmap and mobile releases
A little more about you:
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of production experience with the Android SDK
- Strong Java skills
- A track record of building and releasing high quality features for Android applications
- Experience writing unit tests and UI tests for Android applications
- Eye for good design and user experience
- Experience building and maintaining backend services
- Work on side projects or open source projects highly regarded
- Experience with devops, continuous integration highly regarded
- Experience with Firebase, Glide, Crashlytics, EventBus, Realm, and CircleCI highly regarded
- Experience in Kotlin highly regarded
- Up-to-date knowledge with popular libraries highly regarded