Senior Software Engineer
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more).
The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
About Zenefits Engineering
The Zenefits Engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, React, Ember and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time , management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
About the team
The customer excellence R&D team is co-located with our customer service teams in Tempe, AZ. The team’s mission is to build out technology solutions that would help customers and our internal stakeholders meet their needs within the Zenefits platform with minimal human assistance. The team covers a broad landscape across activities including but not limited to data access policies, automating specialized workflows, and self serve renewals / upgrades / downgrades. It’s a team that’s critical to ensuring that Zenefits can deliver the best experience to customers in the most efficient manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build out, and take ownership over features and projects
- Partner with customer care teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating rules and regulations
A little more about you:
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer writing code in a production environment
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on understanding the problem, coming up with solutions, execution and shipping production quality systems
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Ability to jump into new and unfamiliar areas and solve problems.
- Prior lead experience a plus.