Senior Web Developer
San Francisco, CA
Zenefits is the leading digital HR solution in the U.S. Managing payroll, health care, employee benefits, 401k, time off, new-hire applications, and keeping track of current employees has traditionally been a discombobulated and challenging experience. The Zenefits platform is providing thousands of businesses with an all-in-one solution that helps them better manage their workforce, stay compliant, and save thousands of hours so they can focus on growing their businesses.
We’re at the forefront reimagining the employee experience in a new era of work. We hope you join us!
The senior web developer will be a critical member of the web marketing team, responsible for rebuilding the zenefits.com codebase from the ground up. You’ll be working on building out our primary marketing website on a WordPress multi-site setup as the lead developer, as well as building more cross-platform authenticating media sites and fun but complex digital tools. Our web team has big plans and we want you to be a part of that future!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rebuild our new website on a WordPress multi-site stack.
- Build custom WordPress plugins and develop API endpoints.
- Q/A-ing your work and work of other developers to ensure code renders properly in all sizes, browsers, devices.
- Build responsive front-end design system and back-end frameworks for quicker development implementations.
- Develop other sites like media and more complex UX tools and sites.
- Perform code reviews and act as technical lead to other developers.
A little more about you:
- 5+ years of experience as a web developer
- Experience with gulp, foundation and other frontend technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members including design and content producers.
- Understand downstream implications of development, ensuring that the site is future proof, flexible and easy to maintain.
- Effective communicator.